Lonmay is a village and parish in the Buchan Area of Aberdeenshire , Scotland it lies along the A90 road between Peterhead and Fraserburgh near to the junction with the A952 at Cortes. The parish, formerly known as St Colms, encompasses the village of St Combs ( to which it lent it’s name) and Crimond as well as the village of Lonmay. It had a station on the Formartine and Buchan railway, but this closed in 1965. The present Lonmay Kirk dates from 1786. Lonmay is a largely agricultural and has several historic properties, notably Cairness House built between 1791 and 1797 to designs by architect James Playfair and replaced an earlier house of 1781 by Robert Burn, which was in part incorporated into the Playfair scheme. Sir John Soane assisted in the final stages of the construction following Playfair’s death in 1794.